Applications to the 2016-2017 academic year Erasmus+ Program Student Mobility for Placement have started. The deadline is 24th May 2016.
In order to apply, you have to
- Be a citizen of the Turkish Republic or an international student enrolled in a full-degree program at TED University;
- Have completed at least the first year of your studies in your faculty (Students studying in the English Language School are not eligible to apply);
- Have a GPA of 2.20/4.00 or over;
- Have a proficiency level of minimum B2 in English. (if the receiving organization requires a language different than English, you must prove your level of proficiency in that language.)
- Duration of the traineeship: Minimum 2- maximum 3 months.
The host organization might be closed for a day or more than one day. Students will receive grant for those days, however, these holidays will not be included in the calculation of their traineeship duration. Thus, students are obliged to learn the holidays of the host institution in advance and ensure that their traineeship lasts minimum 2 months after the deduction of holidays.
- Traineeships should start after the official closure of June 1, 2016 and end before 30 September 2016.
How to apply?
You need to submit a hard copy of your
- Application form
- Approved learning agreement;
- Official Transcript;
- An updated CV in the Europass format;
- Letter of Acceptance by the receiving organization
to the International Programs Office.
Application Period: 3 May 2016- 24 May 2016
The selection committee is composed of departmental coordinators and the manager of the International Programs Office.
The selection of prospective Erasmus students will be done in line with the regulations of the Turkish National Agency. Accordingly, 50% of the cumulative GPA by the time of application and %50 of the English language score will be taken into account.
The English language score will be calculated according to the formula below:
(ENG 101* 0,5)+ (ENG 102*0,5)
Announcement of the results:
The list of the selected students will be announced online and also on the announcement board of the International Programs office by 27 May 2016.
Erasmus Grants for 2016-2017
The Erasmus grant does not aim to cover all expenses. It is intended as a contribution towards travel and living costs. The amount of grant varies from one country to another.
Country Groups According to The Cost of Living
Montly Grant for Student Mobility for Traineeship (€)
1st Group Program Countries
Austria, Denmark, Finland, France, Irland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom
2nd Group Program Countries
Belgium, Crotia, Czech Republic, Southern Cyprus, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Slovenia, Spain, Turkey
3rd Group Program Countries
Bulgaria, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Macedonia
Students with disabilities:
The Erasmus+ Program aims to ensure that students with disabilities can benefit from the mobility programs. Thus, additional grant is provided to the students with severe disabilities. In the application form, the disability and special needs should be described and a detailed cost estimate of the extra financial support should be included. For more information, please get in contact with the International Programs Office.